Camille Lu focuses her practice on sophisticated estate, gift and business succession planning for high net worth individuals and families. Her practice encompasses a wide variety of trusts and estates matters, including estate planning, probate and trust administration, philanthropic giving, and gift and estate tax audits. She works with high net worth clients on developing tax-efficient estate plans that also meet their personal, non-tax goals.
Camille brings her attention to detail to each client’s unique personal and family circumstances, tailoring a comprehensive estate plan that preserves and protects wealth in a tax efficient manner for multiple generations, while maintaining family harmony in even the most challenging situations. As a certified mediator by the Center for Conflict Resolution, she draws upon her experience mediating cases in Cook County courts to successfully negotiate family settlement agreements and virtual representation agreements.
Camille devotes a significant part of her practice to supporting her clients’ philanthropy and helping them fulfill their charitable goals. She has negotiated, drafted, and structured a variety of client gifts totaling over three billion dollars to large public charities, colleges, universities, social welfare organizations, and religious organizations, and has substantial experience with helping clients establish new schools at major universities.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Associate Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Georgetown University, B.A., magna cum laude
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Illinois, Private Wealth Law (2022)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts & Estates by The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2023)
- Named "Up and Coming" in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Illinois, Private Wealth Law (2020 and 2021)