Jerry Levine concentrates his practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, and income and estate taxation. He represents closely held businesses, real estate owners and developers, entertainment and media clients, private investors and entrepreneurs, and executives of publicly held companies.
Jerry’s experience encompasses wills and trusts, estate and gift tax audits, valuation of closely held businesses, estate and trust accountings, domicile disputes, Tax Court proceedings, and prenuptial agreements. He has lectured extensively on the subject of estate planning and on the administration of trusts and estates for the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Estate Planning Council of New York City and the New York State Society of CPAs, among other organizations.
Among his many accolades, Jerry has been honored by the prestigious UJA-Federation of New York’s Annual Lawyers Division Trusts and Estates Group. He is also consistently recognized for excellence in trusts and estates law by The Best Lawyers in America.
Jerry was co-chair of Loeb & Loeb from 2000-2004. Previously, he served as managing partner of the firm’s New York office and national chair of the firm’s Trusts and Estates Department.
Currently, Jerry chairs Loeb & Loeb’s New York Pro Bono Committee. He is deeply committed to pro bono service and is also a member of the boards of two national charitable organizations and many private foundations.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation)
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, B.S.
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York
Recipient, Page and William Black Humanitarian Award, the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (2013)
Named "Best Lawyer" in Trust and Estate Litigation and Trusts and Estates Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (1999-2020)
Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate and Tax by Thomson Reuters (2006-2018)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named “New York Litigation – Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year,” Best Lawyers (2017)
- Honoree, UJA-Federation of New York’s 26th Annual Lawyers Division Trusts and Estates Group Event (2017)
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel; Member Estate and Gift Tax Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association; Former Member, Executive Committee, Trusts and Estates Law Section; Past Vice Chair, Practice and Ethics Committee; Past Chair, Charitable Organization Committee
- Member, New York City Bar Association; Past Member, Trusts, Estates and Surrogate's Court Committee; Past Chair, Principal and Income Subcommittee
- Member, Board of Directors, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Member, Board of Directors, Vibrant Emotional Health (formerly the Mental Health Association of New York City)
- Member, Museum of Modern Art Photography Council