Eric C. Lee is a corporate lawyer focusing his practice on complex mergers and acquisitions, private equity and general corporate matters. He regularly advises private and public companies and private equity funds in strategic U.S. and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, spin-offs and complex REIT transactions.
With clients spanning a wide range of industries, Eric has experience handling transactions in the hospitality, entertainment and media, financial services, retail and real estate sectors.
Select examples of Eric's prior experience include:
- Represented one of the largest movie exhibition companies in the U.S., in its repurchase of shares from its controlling stockholder.
- Represented a casino asset and entertainment company, in its acquisition of four casino properties; and in its negotiation of a merger agreement.
- Represented a fashion brand in its recapitalization transaction with affiliates of a global investment and advisory financial services firm and other investors, strengthening its capital structure and positioning it for future growth.
- Represented a manager of a portfolio of boutique hotels in its sale via an auction.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in connection with its investment in multiple joint ventures formed for the purpose of acquiring wireless telecom licenses.
- Represented a real estate investment trust and a developer and manager of shopping malls, in its acquisitions of portfolios of U.S. shopping centers, and its sale via an auction of its U.S. shopping centers to a private equity firm.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund, in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of U.S. industrial properties and its investment in a joint venture.
- Represented a company that operates senior residences in its joint venture and subsequent sale of such joint venture interests to a firm managing alternative investment vehicles in real estate investment, real estate lending, and opportunistic investment; and in its joint venture with a multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm.
- Represented a private equity firm in its acquisition of a global leader in enterprise solutions.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a manufacturer, importer and distributor of commercial cleaning and consumer home storage products.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A.