Michael Kinney maintains a broad-based real estate and commercial real estate leasing practice. He represents purchasers and sellers of real property and real property interests, borrowers and lenders, and landlords and tenants. Counseling clients across a wide range of industries, including real estate, advertising, finance, banking, accounting, retail, legal services, education and insurance, Michael is known for his honest and direct approach.
When open issues arise in a negotiation, I elicit the specific concerns of each party in an unemotional, logical manner, enabling everyone at the table to better appreciate and understand the other party’s position, and I suggest creative compromises that address those concerns in a way that is satisfactory to everyone.
His practice includes a significant amount of national office leasing, representing clients such as accounting and law firms, local and national landlords, financial institutions, developers, and individuals. Michael also has notable experience in all types of retail leasing, representing landlords as well as international, national and regional retailers.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.A., cum laude
- New York
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Real Estate, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2012-2019)
- Member, Real Property Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Approved by New York State as a Real Estate Instructor