Benjamin King is a commercial litigator and creditors’ rights attorney who has particular expertise in protecting creditors’ interests through the use of prejudgment remedies such as attachment, receiverships, and injunctive remedies. He has represented national financial institutions, a number of California lenders, and receivers in, among other matters, actions involving the exercise of loan remedies, workouts of troubled loans, and actions for foreclosure upon loan collateral. Benjamin has litigated matters on behalf of creditors in both pre-bankruptcy and bankruptcy contexts, including lender liability actions, real-estate loan disputes, contract disputes, judicial foreclosures, receivership actions, fraudulent conveyance matters, adversary proceedings (including preference actions), non-dischargeability actions, and a variety of business tort disputes.
In addition to his representation of lenders, other creditors and receivers, Benjamin has represented firm clients in a variety of litigation matters including, among other things, class actions, unfair trade practices disputes, FTC actions, Lanham Act claims, copyright disputes, and publicity rights lawsuits. He has developed particular expertise assisting firm clients in ensuring that their websites are accessible to disabled persons in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Benjamin's pro bono efforts include work for Children's Rights, a national organization that utilizes class action lawsuits and other methods to affect positive change for abused and neglected children and to bring much needed reform to state foster care systems.
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D., Staff Member, Executive Senior Editor, Southern California Law Review
James Holbrook Award for Excellence in Service to the Law Review (1998)
- University of Southern California, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- California State Courts
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Thomson Reuters (2017-2018)
- Chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Remedies Section, 2013-2014
- Significant jury trial experience, including certification through the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Project
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, California Receiver's Forum, Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, Litigation Section of State Bar of California
- Rising Star, Southern California Super Lawyers, Los Angeles magazine (2006 and 2007)