Hana Hong is a land use and real estate attorney with broad experience, focusing her practice on representing governmental entities, private developers and other property owners in land use and entitlement matters and in the acquisition, sale and leasing of real property. Hana’s background serving as the general counsel of one of Southern California’s largest privately-held commercial real estate investment and management companies allows her to provide clients with unique risk management and operations advice and industry insight.
Hana analyzes and provides advice on a variety of state- and municipal law-related issues affecting both her private sector clients developing projects through the administrative entitlement process, including on land use, planning and zoning laws, as well as her public agency clients, including on the Public Contracts Code, the Brown Act, the Public Records Act and conflicts of interest laws.
Hana also routinely drafts and negotiates various land use and real estate agreements, including agreements between governmental and private entities, construction- and financing-related agreements, leases and municipal contracts.
Prior to transitioning her practice, Hana practiced litigation, including at the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, which lends texture to her law practice as well as allowing her to assist in all aspects of real estate litigation matters, including legal research and case strategy, mediation and arbitration, and settlements.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., Associate Editor, Berkeley Journal of International Law
Submissions Editor, Asian American Law Journal
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Real Estate Law (2023 and 2024)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI) – Los Angeles
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Korean American Bar Association