Lewis Ho is recognized as one of the leading IP and transactional attorneys in Asia focusing in the life sciences and technology industries. He helps pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and their financial sponsors capture, manage, risk assess, evaluate and monetize their intellectual property assets. His practice concentrates on negotiating technology transfer transactions and enforcing intellectual property rights.
I enjoy the challenge of helping life sciences innovators and entrepreneurs monetize their IP assets and grow their business.
Lewis has extensive experience advising on both inbound and outbound IP-driven transactions, and he has negotiated more than 80 M&A, collaboration, outsourcing, joint venture, licensing and financing (including IPO) deals. He has also represented a wide range of investors, including venture capital and private equity funds, in conducting pre-investment IP due diligence.
As the healthcare markets in Asia and the U.S. develop greater synergies, Lewis is increasingly active in helping U.S.-based companies expanding into China and assisting Chinese companies in acquiring IP assets and manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and other countries. His clients have ranged from biotech startups and emerging growth companies to Fortune 500 leaders in the pharmaceutical and life sciences sectors.
Lewis is consistently cited by Chambers Asia-Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific as one of the leading life sciences and IP lawyers in China. Chambers noted him for “approaching issues in a down-to-earth manner,” and clients cited in the guide described him as “‘one of the best lawyers I’ve worked with’ owing to his sharpness and proactive approach.” Lewis has also been recognized by IAM Patent 1000 as one of the top patent attorneys in China.
- King's College London, EC Competition Law, Postgraduate Diploma
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Certificate on PRC Law
- The University of Hong Kong, LL.B.
- Hong Kong
- Recognized in Chambers Global in Intellectual Property (2017)
- Recognized in Chambers Asia-Pacific in Intellectual Property and Life Sciences (2012-2018)
- Recognized in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific in Hong Kong Intellectual Property (2012- 2016)
- Recognized in Intellectual Asset Management magazine’s IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals (2010-2016)
- Honorary Legal Advisor, Hong Kong Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (HKAPI)
- Convenor, South China Chapter, BayHelix
- Vice Chairman of the IP Working Group (Shanghai Chapter, 2009-2011), European Union Chamber of Commerce in China