Jim Hitzeman focuses his practice on estate and trust litigation, representing a wide range of clients, including corporate fiduciaries and charities. He has handled will and trust contests, construction actions, trust reformations, citations, actions involving contracts to make a will, accounting actions, and charitable cy pres and equitable deviation matters, in addition to a host of cases involving breach of fiduciary duty. Jim has extensive experience dealing with family settlement and virtual representation agreements and has written and spoken extensively on both topics. His practice also includes fiduciary counseling services, estate and gift tax planning and trust and estate administration.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D.
- University of Illinois, B.A.
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Illinois Private Wealth Law (2020)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates by The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2020)
- Member and Past President, Probate Practice Committee, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association