David Grossman is an experienced litigator representing high-profile clients across various industries. David litigates commercial disputes for investors, insurers and financial institutions, and has a depth of experience advocating for motion picture and television studios, production and distribution companies, music rights holders, and others in the entertainment and media sectors.
David helps his clients vigorously protect and defend their intellectual property assets, including prosecuting and defending claims involving trademark and trade dress infringement, copyright infringement, idea submission, rights of publicity, false advertising and unfair competition.
He also litigates commercial business disputes and appeals in both federal and state courts, as well as in commercial arbitrations. David’s experience includes professional liability claims and commercial disputes within the financial services, real estate and insurance sectors.
David has been consistently recognized as one of the top intellectual property lawyers in California by the Daily Journal. He serves as an editor of Loeb & Loeb’s IP/Entertainment Law Weekly Case Update for Content Creators, Owners and Distributors.
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, American Jurisprudence Award in Wills & Trusts
Articles Editor, UCLA Entertainment Law Review
- State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., magna cum laude
- California State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2016-2018)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Intellectual Property: Copyright, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013, 2017-2018 editions)
- Named an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine (2013-2018)
- Named among "Top Intellectual Property Lawyers" in California by the Daily Journal (2012-2014, 2017-2018)
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2006-2015)