Paul Frimmer focuses on estate planning, wills and trusts, probate and trust administration, postmortem tax planning, probate litigation, art law, charitable giving, and tax issues relating to these matters. Widely regarded as one of the top estate planning attorneys in the country, Paul has received numerous accolades for his work. He’s known for taking a collaborative approach with his clients and guiding them toward the best decisions tailored to meet their individual needs.
Paul has authored and co-authored more than 50 publications on estate planning and related matters. He is also a frequent speaker at national and local estate planning seminars and institutes, including the NYU Tax Institute, the USC Tax Institute, the University of Miami Estate Planning Institute, ALI-ABA seminars, the USC Probate and Trust Institute, and the UCLA Estate Planning Institute.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Queens College, B.S.
- New York
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates, Trust and Estate Litigation, Tax Law and Non-Profit/Charities Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (1983-2019)
- Received highest ranking in Chambers USA High Net Worth Guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law and National Wealth Management: Western Region (2017-2018)
- Named "Los Angeles Litigation - Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers (2013)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Tax, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2010 edition)
- Received highest ranking in Chambers USA (2011-2017)
- Named in Chambers USA in California Tax: Estate Planning and National Wealth Management: Western Region (2008-2018)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate, Tax and Non-Profit by Thomson Reuters (2004-2018); listed in the "Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers" (2004-2007 and 2011)
- Named “One of the Top 12 Estate Lawyers in the U.S.” by Portfolio.com, published by Conde Nast (2008)
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Planning Committee, USC Tax Institute
- Member, Planning Committee, UCLA Estate Planning Institute
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Fellow, International Academy of Probate and Trust Law