Ken Freeman represents financial institutions and other lenders in a wide variety of syndicated and single-lender real estate financings, including construction, acquisition, mezzanine and long-term loans. He also has extensive experience with restructurings and unsecured credit financings.
Although representing lenders is his primary focus, his practice extends to a wide variety of other real estate transactions, including buying and selling of office and multifamily properties and leasing of office, industrial and retail properties; and to property management issues.
Having worked on some of New York’s most high-profile real estate deals, Ken is well-regarded as a thought leader in real estate financing. Clients appreciate Ken’s collaborative approach, and he works with both lenders and borrowers on highly complicated financial structures in order to find solutions quickly and move deals forward.
Addressing the complex challenges that arise during a transaction, working collaboratively to find solutions and earning the respect of both sides are really what motivate me.
Outside work, Ken enjoys golf and spending time with his family.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Alfred University, B.A., With Honors
- New York
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Real Estate, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2019)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Real Estate Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2013-2014, 2020)
- Named "New York Super Lawyer" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2012-2013, 2019)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory