NASHVILLE, TENN. – Loeb & Loeb LLP is pleased to announce that the firm has officially moved into its new office in the heart of Music Row at 35 Music Square East in Nashville, home to the Country Music Association and performing rights organization SESAC. The move represents a return to Music Row for Loeb & Loeb, which first opened in Nashville in 1994 to serve a diverse array of music industry clients. The new office debut coincides with CMA Week, which this year celebrates the 50th annual CMA Awards.
“This is the start of an exciting new chapter for Loeb & Loeb in Nashville,” remarked John T. Frankenheimer, Chair of the firm’s Music Industry Practice. “We established roots in the city more than 22 years ago, serving as a natural conduit between the exploding local music scene and the multifaceted, global entertainment and media industry. Our growing presence, which now includes advanced media and technology practitioners, positions the firm to more broadly serve our entertainment clients, as well as the diverse array of creative, tech-based and other entrepreneurial companies that are entering the market.”
“We’re proud to be part of Nashville’s rich heritage and its bright future,” added Nashville Partner and Office Manager of Administration Tiffany Dunn. “As we celebrate the CMA’s landmark 50th awards event this week, we are also reflecting on Loeb’s history in Nashville and our unwavering commitment to this unique community.”
Over the years, Loeb & Loeb has counseled many of the most revered institutions and individuals in Nashville entertainment, contributing to the firm’s recent recognition as the 2017 “Music Law Firm of the Year” by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers. Highlights from the firm’s Nashville office include:
- Representing numerous publishing companies, record labels and management companies and recording artists such as Carrie Underwood, Vince Gill, Loretta Lynn, Old Crow Medicine Show, Alabama Shakes, Dawes, Bon Iver, Sturgill Simpson, Casting Crowns, Jim Lauderdale, Rory Feek, Jarrod Niemann and Amy Grant, along with a host of emerging talent coming out of Nashville.
- Assisting the Nashville Songwriters Association in formulating and achieving passage of the Songwriters Capital Gains Tax Equity Act, helping songwriters receive fair tax treatment upon the ultimate sale of their creations.
- Counseling the iconic Grand Ole Opry in connection with intellectual property and entertainment matters, including licensing agreements with music publishers, distribution agreements, artist clearances and other audio-visual recording projects.
- Representing the estates of Johnny Cash, B.B. King, Hank Williams, Sr., Elvis Presley and Little Jimmy Dickens in matters concerning trademarks, rights of publicity, recording and publishing to preserve and protect the legacy of these music legends.
- Advising Nashville-based tourism and entertainment company Ryman Hospitality as creator and co-producer of the hit ABC series Nashville, which made an indelible mark on the city’s music, tourism and cultural landscape.
- Providing entertainment and intellectual property counsel to several of the most beloved honky tonks on downtown Nashville’s world famous Broadway Avenue, including Tootsies Orchid Lounge, Honky Tonk Central and Rippy’s.
- Endowing a scholarship at the Vanderbilt University Law School in the name of Robert L. Sullivan, a valued Loeb partner and Nashville music industry veteran who passed away in 2011, leaving a long legacy in Music City.
About Loeb & Loeb LLP
Loeb & Loeb is a multiservice law firm with approximately 350 attorneys focusing on select practice areas, rather than endeavoring to be all things to all clients. The firm is recognized as a leading law firm in the areas of advertising and marketing; media and entertainment; intellectual property; mergers and acquisitions; financing; public and private corporate representations; bankruptcy and reorganizations; real estate; technology; tax exempt organizations and private client services. Loeb & Loeb has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Nashville, Washington, DC, Beijing and Hong Kong. www.loeb.com.