Tom Lawson focuses his practice on income tax planning for individuals and their businesses. He also has significant experience handling sophisticated tax planning for business transactions. Tom takes pride in finding creative solutions to his clients’ issues in the most efficient manner that the tax law allows.
A fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel, Tom is a frequent author and lecturer on tax-related subjects, speaking numerous times at the University of Southern California Federal Tax Institute. His clients appreciate his responsiveness, diligence and astute problem-solving skills.
I enjoy the challenge of representing my clients in the face of constantly changing tax laws. My work is never boring.
Outside the office, Tom’s interests include golf, woodworking, gardening and travel.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation)
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., With Distinction, Order of the Coif
Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- University of Nebraska, Business Administration, Accounting, B.S., With High Distinction
Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax: West Coast, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2012, 2018)
Named "Southern California Super Lawyers" in Tax Law by Thomson Reuters (2009-2014)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Tax Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2008-2019)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel