Janeane Ferrari is a transactional lawyer whose experience encompasses all aspects of advising and representing domestic and foreign issuers and underwriters, as well as private equity companies/sponsors, in connection with a wide range of public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions.
For example, she represents clients in connection with initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, shelf takedowns, investment grade and high yield debt offerings, consent solicitations and tender and exchange offers. Janeane is also involved in advising companies with respect to SEC filing and reporting obligations, corporate governance and other corporate matters.
In addition to her capital markets practice, Janeane maintains an active pro bono practice, handling matters for Human Rights First and the Joyful Heart Foundation, as well as representation of pro bono clients in asylum matters.
Select examples of Janeane’s prior firm experience includes:
- Represented numerous SPACs in their IPOs, and numerous underwriters in SPAC IPOs.
- Represented a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company in one of its subsidiary’s offerings of over $1 billion of senior notes and 540 million euros of senior notes.
- Represented several investment banks in their bridge commitment to finance the $23.1 billion merger of a beverage company’s acquisition of a leading multinational soft drink company.
- Represented several investment banks as joint book-running managers and representatives of the underwriters, in a $2.375 billion senior bond offering by a global leader in motion and control technologies to finance in part its $3.675 billion acquisition of a diversified technology and manufacturing company.
- Represented a leading developer of medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and consumer packaged goods in its approximately $4.5 billion multi-tranche unsecured senior notes offering.
- Represented a leading makeup company in its $1.5 billion offering of investment grade senior notes to repay outstanding commercial paper and to refinance outstanding senior notes.
- Represented an energy company in its $125 million rights offering to certain noteholders to receive convertible PIK notes.
- Represented a consumer goods company in a $1 billion private placement of secured and unsecured notes, and the Canadian division of the consumer goods company in its $265 million add-on senior secured notes offering to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Represented a steel company, in over $1.5 billion senior note offerings, as well as in several equity offerings.
- Represented a major financial institutions, as representatives of the initial purchasers, in over $1.5 billion senior unsecured 144A notes offering by a media company to refinance existing indebtedness, as well as in equity offerings pursuant to an ATM equity program.
- Represented an investment bank, as sole book-running manager, in the $552 million initial public offering of a software company in the Cayman Islands.
- Represented a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company in its $1 billion senior notes offering, as well as its subsequent €540 million senior notes offering.
- Represented a leading tax preparation company in a $1 billion senior notes offering by its wholly owned subsidiary to finance in part the client’s simultaneous tender offer for shares of its common stock.
- Represented several large financial institutions, as underwriters, in the $180 million initial public offering of a health care company, as well as underwriters in subsequent follow-on equity offerings.
- Represented leading private equity and investment companies, as selling stockholders in the approximately $1 billion initial public offering, and in over $1.7 billion of secondary offerings of common shares of an American consumer credit reporting agency.
- Represented several major financial institutions, as selling shareholders, in over $3.9 billion of secondary offerings of common shares of an American food service, facilities, and uniform services provider.
- Represented a SPAC sponsored by a family office in its $48 million private placement of common shares to finance its acquisition of an entertainment company.
- Represented a major financial institution, as underwriter, in over $500 million of secondary offerings of limited liability company interests of the owner of a portfolio of infrastructure and infrastructure-like businesses in the U.S.
- Represented several financial institutions in a £610 million senior notes offering to finance the acquisition of a restaurant group based in the United Kingdom by a Chinese private equity firm.
- Represented a leading financial institution in a $750 million senior notes offering by a communications company and its concurrent cash tender offer to purchase up to $900 million of its shorter maturity senior notes.
- Represented several major financial institutions, as underwriters, in the $1.55 billion offering of senior notes by a communications company to finance its acquisition of the wireline properties of a telecommunications company in Connecticut.
- Represented a leading private equity firm in a $650 million notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in the world's leading producer of mattresses and sleep experiences.
- Harvard Law School, J.D.
- George Washington University, B.B.A.
- New York