Peter Bergan brings more than a decade of experience advising on a wide-range of real estate transactions, including joint ventures, investments, financings, and acquisitions and dispositions. Clients regularly turn to him as a trusted advisor and guide as they navigate some of their most complex transactions.
Peter has broad experience advising on all types of complex commercial, industrial, mining, retail, hospitality, data center/digital infrastructure, and multifamily and single-family real estate transactions across multiple jurisdictions.
Outside of the office, Peter is active in his community, serving as a board member of Rugby Ohio and of Recovery Resources, an organization dedicated to providing assistance to those struggling with mental health and addiction issues. He is also a member of the Urban Land Institute and the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Select examples of Peter’s prior firm experience include:
- Advised a facility management provider in the acquisition of a leading facilities services company headquartered in San Francisco, in a cash transaction valued at $830 million.
- Advised the U.S.’s largest shipbuilding company in the $1.65 billion acquisition of a federal defense contractor.
- Advised a real estate management and development company based in Montreal, Quebec, as U.S. counsel on its acquisition of a real estate development, investment, and asset management company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, for total consideration of up to CA$528 million, including future payments and earnouts.
- Advised a medical equipment company specializing in sterilization and surgical products in its acquisition of a global provider of infection prevention products and services primarily to endoscopy and dental customers, for $3.6 billion.
- Advised the global leader in the production of high-quality polyethylene geomembranes for industrial and environmental applications, and its shareholders in connection with its acquisition of a global provider of geosynthetics and industrial fabrics, from a Dutch conglomerate, and advised on the related senior secured financing to support the acquisition.
- Represented a bank holding company, in connection with its proposed stock-for-stock merger with a separate bank holding company.
- Represented an electric public utility subsidiary of a diversified energy holding company, in connection with a Rule 144A and Regulation S offering of $150 million aggregate principal amount of 2.65% Senior Secured Notes due 2028 (the “Senior Secured Notes”) and concurrent issuance of an equal aggregate principal amount of its First Mortgage Bonds, 2.65% Series of 2021 due 2028, which were delivered to the trustee to be held as collateral security for the Senior Secured Notes.
- Advised a Canadian ambulance manufacturer in the acquisition of a full line final stage ambulance manufacturer headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana.
- Advised a leading installer and distributor of insulation and building material products in the United States, in its acquisition of one of the largest privately held insulation contractors in the United States.
- Represented a large private-sector coal company, in connection with a series of recapitalization transactions to, among other things, provide the client with maturity extensions and covenant relief, while allowing it to maintain sufficient operating liquidity and financial flexibility.
- Advised a portfolio of industry-leading automotive aftermarket and original equipment businesses with a focus on high-quality products and unmatched customer service, in the sale of majority ownership to a private equity firm that partners with entrepreneurs and management teams investing in and growing lower middle-market companies.
- Advised a leading middle-market private equity firm focused exclusively on the aerospace, defense, maritime, government and environmental sectors, in the acquisition of an aerospace company based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Advised a leading provider of enterprise-class colocation, connectivity, and managed services, in connection with the acquisition and financing of a telecommunications service provider, including certain U.S. and European data center assets, for $1.4 billion.
- Advised an Ohio-based mining ocmpany in connection with the acquisition and financing of substantially all of the operations of the world's leading steel and mining company for approximately $1.4 billion.
- Advised a real estate developer in its $180 million sale of a 555-unit apartment complex in Fort Lauderdale, Florida .
- Advised a real estate investment trust company in its acquisition of interest in a joint venture that owns and operates retail shopping centers.
- Advised a home leasing company in its acquisition of 283 single family residential homes in Dallas, Texas.
- Advised a real estate developer in its $125 million sale of a 288-unit multifamily community in Seattle.
- Advised a leading global provider of hyperscale data center campuses, on forming a strategic partnership with a global investment firm valued at $3.5 billion to accelerate the expansion of the client’s best-in-class, wholesale data centers throughout North America and Europe.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., Editor-in-Chief, Consumer Law Review
- The Ohio State University, B.A.
- Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2016-2022)
- Board Member, Rugby Ohio
- Board Member, Recovery Resources
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, The International Council of Shopping Centers