Rachel Harris counsels clients in connection with all aspects of domestic and international estate planning for individuals and families, pre-immigration planning prior to arrival in the U.S., trust and estate administration, trust and estate income taxation, charitable giving, and operation of tax-exempt organizations. Her practice extends to all facets of estate and gift tax planning and encompasses multijurisdictional and international matters.
Highly regarded for her breadth of experience in resolving complex technical matters that involve more than one jurisdiction, Rachel enjoys helping her clients and their advisers navigate and manage whatever tax, succession or related matters they may face. She also has a depth of experience advising clients in connection with California fiduciary income tax matters and assists clients with regard to their charitable objectives, including private foundations.
She is an amazing attorney and is always a true joy to work with. Her knowledge of international tax issues and her assistance in structuring the framework for my client's business and personal interests abroad are the best I have experienced, hands down. – Citywealth Leaders List (peer commentary)
Among her many professional distinctions and accomplishments, Rachel was part of the initial team representing Edith Windsor in the case United States v. Windsor, which was argued before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation)
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- Harvard University, A.B., magna cum laude
- New York
- England and Wales
- Named "Best in Wealth Management" by International Finance Law Review Women in Business Law Awards (2019)
- Named in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law and Nationwide Private Wealth: Western Religion (2014-2021)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Estate & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2017-2020)
- Named in The International Who's Who of Private Client Lawyers, published by Who's Who Legal (2013-2020 editions)
- Named 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” for Los Angeles in Litigation: Trusts and Estates by Best Lawyers
- Recognized in the Citywealth "Leaders List" by Jones Publishing Limited (2013-2019 editions); named to "Power Women" list (2015-2019)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America (2016-2020) and recognized among "Women of Influence" by Best Lawyers (2016-2017), published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Co-Chair, International Wealth Advisors: Future Leaders Forum (2015-2018)
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, International Practice Committee, Trusts & Estates magazine
- Member, Steering Committee, International Wealth Advisors: Future Leaders Forum (2013-2014)
- Member, International Academy of Trusts and Estates Law