Elizabeth Camacho focuses her practice on land use and development law, including permitting, associated environmental review and related litigation. She works with property developers and owners providing comprehensive land use counsel from the earliest stages of strategic project planning through the entitlement process and, if necessary, defense of any legal challenge.
Elizabeth represents clients in connection with development projects of all sizes across a broad range of uses, including multi-family residential, office/commercial, master-planned communities, entertainment centers, hotels, institutional facilities, energy and public infrastructure.
Her experience with general planning and zoning law, historic preservation law and design review is extensive, as is her familiarity with the California Environmental Quality Act, the Subdivision Map Act and the California Coastal Act. She has also worked on endangered species protection, air and water quality regulation, land use and growth control initiatives, and inverse condemnation/takings. In addition, Elizabeth’s practice includes land use-related due diligence and representation of owners, operators and lenders in land use litigation.
Outside of her land use practice, Elizabeth has served as a volunteer attorney for the Alliance for Children’s Rights Foster Child Adoption Project and as a voluntary settlement officer for the Beverly Hills Municipal Court. Elizabeth has dedicated countless hours as a mentor, advocate and fundraiser in support of organizations seeking to increase diversity within the legal profession. She recently completed an eight year term on the Latina Lawyers Bar Association Board of Trustees, including two years as its President, and currently serves as a Trustee for the Mexican American Bar Foundation.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 法学博士, Co-Editor in Chief, La Raza Law Journal
- Oberlin College, 文学学士, Phi Beta Kappa
- Named "Southern California Rising Star" in Environmental and General Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2006, 2007)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Mexican American Bar Foundation
- Member, Mexican American Bar Association
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Board of Trustees, Sequoyah School (Pasadena); Chair of Board Committee on Diversity