Jim Taylor has more than 30 years of experience assisting brands, advertising agencies, and media and technology companies with the full spectrum of issues and transactions related to advertising, marketing and promotions. He provides creative and pragmatic solutions to help clients leverage data, technology, and new and expanding information channels to reach consumers and market their products and services.
Known for his pragmatic, business-oriented approach, Jim advises clients on innovative adtech and technology-enabled transactions, media-related agreements, and privacy and data protection issues, including those related to the GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). He provides counsel on integrated marketing, social media and other content initiatives, agency services agreements, sponsorships and brand integration deals, talent and music agreements, guild issues, and intellectual property and brand protection concerns.
He gives us fabulous advice, is really practical, and understands the industry and environment we work in. He's creative and my go-to for strategy and the big-picture view. Chambers USA (client commentary)
Jim takes pride in maintaining close relationships with his clients and gaining a deep understanding of their business mechanics and objectives, allowing him to provide practical and holistic advice as they navigate a rapidly evolving consumer marketplace.
Jim has a passion for mentoring professionals at all levels, both at Loeb and outside the firm. He serves as co-chair of the firm’s Diversity Committee, a position that allows him to spearhead firmwide diversity and inclusion initiatives as well as to help attorneys on an individual level grow their careers while remaining true to their authentic selves.
- Brooklyn Law School, 法学博士
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 学士, magna cum laude
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Advertising Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2013-2022)
- Named a "Hall of Fame Lawyer" in The Legal 500 U.S. in Marketing and Advertising, (2019-2021)
- Named as a "Leading Lawyer" in The Legal 500 U.S. in Marketing and Advertising, (2008, 2010, 2012-2018)
- Named in The Legal 500 U.S. in Data Privacy and Data Protection (2008, 2010, 2012-2019)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in Nationwide Advertising: Transactional & Regulatory (2006-2021 editions)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Media/Advertising by Thomson Reuters (2006-2021)
- Member, Government and Legal Affairs Committee, Promotion Marketing Association