Michelle La Mar is the global chair of the Firm’s Employment and Labor Department. Her practice includes all aspects of employment law including prevention, counselling and litigation in both state and federal courts. She also routinely practices in the administrative arena before the Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, California’s Department of Fair Employment and Housing and California’s Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Michelle is keenly attune to the struggles of international corporations deploying workforces to the United States. Most notably, Michelle represented Tata Consultancy Services, Ltd. in prevailing over a class of 1,000 workers claiming the Indian conglomerate had discriminated against them in termination decisions. The victory followed securing the denial of certification of a 250,000 person hiring class in favor of Tata in the same matter.
Loeb & Loeb LLP snagged this week's top spot on the legal lions list with a verdict clearing client Tata of a discrimination class action… Law360
Nonetheless, Michelle’s practice is committed to avoiding litigation altogether by focusing on the strategic development of workforces. She routinely advises employers with respect to wage and hour compliance, right sizings (including the WARN Act), terminations, investigations, trainings, mandatory leaves of absence and the enforceable protection of trade secrets and confidential information. She also regularly addresses corporate related employment issues such as the drafting of employment contracts, due diligence issues in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions and the enforceability of non-compete agreements.
- 罗耀拉法学院, 法学博士,
Staff Writer, International and Comparative Law Journal
- 加州大学洛杉矶分校, 文学学士, cum laude
- California State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Employment & Labor by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2013-2020)
- PILAP grant for work in the public interest sector