Thomas Jirgal is a commercial litigator and trial attorney whose national practice focuses on intellectual property, advertising and general litigation matters. He co-chairs Loeb & Loeb's Advertising Disputes practice group.
Thomas has nearly twenty years of experience representing clients in the entertainment, communications, food, and financial services industries in cases involving copyright, trademark, trade secret, corporate espionage, false advertising, contract, fiduciary duty, defamation, invasion of privacy, employment, civil forfeiture, class action, antitrust and unfair competition claims. He regularly represents clients in state and federal court, in private arbitration and before the Better Business Bureau’s National Advertising Division. He also counsels clients on advertising matters, including the substantiation needed for advertising claims, and the management, licensing and protection of intellectual property rights.
The advertising disputes in which Thomas is involved often turn on cutting-edge technological issues, and the effective presentation of complex testing and statistical analysis. As an essential part of his practice, Thomas also regularly oversees the design and critique of consumer perception surveys that can be dispositive in an advertising dispute involving implied claims.
- University of Illinois College of Law, 法学博士, magna cum laude, Member, University of Illinois Law Review
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 文学学士
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, January 01, 1998
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in Nationwide Advertising: Litigation (2019 edition)
- Named "Illinois Super Lawyer" in Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2016-2019)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media, Technology and Telecoms: Marketing and Advertising, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013, 2017-2019)
- Named among “Top Lawyers in Illinois” in Advertising & Media and Arts, Entertainment & Sports Law by the Leading Lawyers Network (2011-2018)
- Extern, Honorable Harlington Wood, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit