Safia Gray Hussain is a commercial litigator, focusing her practice on entertainment, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property matters. She has handled entertainment and contract-based claims involving various motion picture- and television-related agreements, claims involving alleged infringement of screenplays and artwork, claims stemming from the unauthorized use of celebrity likenesses, defamation claims and the recovery of awards statuettes.
Safia also has experience in a diverse range of business and media disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, unfair competition, regulatory violations and other complex litigation matters. She has more than a decade of experience defending class actions involving regulatory compliance, false advertising, consumer fraud, consumer privacy and wage and hour violations.
Safia has litigated cases in both state and federal courts and represented clients in alternative dispute resolution proceedings and appellate proceedings. She has counselled companies, including a food product manufacturer and pharmaceutical manufacturer, in attaining favourable settlements or dismissal of false advertising and false labelling claims, alleged FACTA violation claims and TCPA/JFPA claims.
Prior to law school, Safia worked in professional theatre and the motion picture industry in various capacities. This experience and perspective are invaluable to her practice, which she leverages in assisting clients and addressing their unique concerns and needs.
- 佛德汉姆大学法学院, 法学博士, cum laude
- University of Oklahoma, 文学学士, summa cum laude
- University of Oklahoma, B.F.A., with honors
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Selected as a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow (2023)
- Board Member, Constitutional Rights Foundation