Ryan Hagglund focuses his practice on patent litigation, particularly in the areas of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, including Hatch-Waxman litigation. He has a broad range of experience relating to patent infringement litigation relating to the life sciences and other technologies, patent license disputes, international arbitration concerning patent infringement and licenses, patent reexamination and interference practice, and technology-driven copyright and trade secret disputes. He was part of a team that won and defended an arbitral award in excess of $450 million in connection with patent infringement and breach of a license relating to herbicide resistance technology. He also has experience in transactional, opinion, and counseling practice relating to patent and other intellectual property issues in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical segments, including due diligence, patent portfolio analysis, preparation of freedom to operate opinions, and patent license transactions. In addition to his life sciences and patent practice, Ryan is experienced in trademark litigation, licensing, and prosecution as well as general appellate practice.
- University of Chicago Law School, 法学博士, magna cum laude, Order of Coif
- 芝加哥大学, Virology, Ph.D.
- 芝加哥大学, Virology, M.S.
- Northwestern University, 文学学士, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Law Clerk, Honorable Richard A. Posner, U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (June 2006 – May 2007)
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (Summer 2004)
- Member, American Society for Microbiology
- Member, American Association for the Advancement of Science