Kenneth R. Florin is one of the industry’s leading experts on matters involving the convergence of advertising and promotions, emerging media, technology and privacy law. In addition to a rich background in traditional marketing and communications, he has been a pioneer in counseling clients at the increasingly blurred cross section of issues associated with the use of new technologies, digital media, and emerging content production and distribution models to extend their global reach. Kenneth also counsels clients in the media, finance, health care, insurance, pharmaceutical and information technology sectors to protect and leverage valuable data assets in the domestic and international marketplace.
Kenneth represents Fortune 500 companies, media companies, advertising and promotions agencies, social media platforms, sports leagues and teams, and new media and interactive ventures, advising them on the development of their advertising and promotion strategies, online communities, wireless and social media initiatives, and technology-related products and services. He negotiates deals ranging from traditional agency-client, co-promotion, tie-in, and employment and sponsorship agreements to licensing deals for the digital distribution of content, Internet and e-commerce development agreements, and multi-platform branded entertainment agreements.
Kenneth reviews concepts, layouts, and copy for all forms of advertising and promotion initiatives, including sweepstakes and contests, wireless and interactive promotional campaigns, cause-related marketing programs, and auctions. He has extensive experience in the area of international promotions. In addition, Kenneth assists his clients in the development of their data collection and privacy policies, in targeted advertising matters, in the handling of regulatory and consumer inquiries and complaints, and with trademark and copyright issues.
He also counsels clients on compliance issues and claims substantiation to avoid competitive challenges in connection with their advertising and marketing programs, and represents advertisers in both defending and challenging claims before the Better Business Bureau’s National Advertising Division (NAD) and other regulatory bodies.
Additionally, Kenneth has extensive experience in the area of traditional entertainment. He has represented both corporations and artists in the negotiation of music recording, publishing, production and licensing agreements, streaming and download agreements, and television and film production and finance agreements.
Kenneth is a frequent public speaker on advertising, marketing, privacy and emerging media issues, and has written several articles for publications such as Advertising Age, PROMO magazine, and Corporate Counsel magazine, among others.
- 哥伦比亚大学法学院, 法学博士,
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- 密歇根大学工商管理学士学位, 文学学士
- Named in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame in Advertising and Marketing, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2017-2020)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Advertising Law (2013-2020), Sports Law (2012-2020), and Media Law (2020), The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in National Advertising (2008, 2010-2020 editions)
- Named as a "Leading Lawyer" in The Legal 500 US 2011-2015, 2017-2018 in Marketing and Advertising, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (also recognized in 2010 edition)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Technology: Data Protection and Privacy, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 and 2016-2018 editions)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in First Amendment/Media/Advertising, Entertainment & Sports and Intellectual Property by Thomson Reuters (2007-2019)
- Named "New Star" by Lawdragon 500 (2006)
- Member, Board of Advisors, Brand Activation Association (2004–Present)