Scott Edel understands the complexities of today’s evolving media and entertainment landscape, serving as a trusted business advisor and legal strategist to traditional Hollywood players and major digital platforms. A dealmaker, a problem solver and a quarterback for Loeb’s elite team of entertainment attorneys, Scott brings decades of industry experience and relationships to help clients create and exploit motion picture, television, digital and interactive entertainment content.
Scott represents film and television production companies, investors and financiers in complex development, production, distribution and financing transactions. His clients include some of the world’s leading digital platforms and web content producers, multichannel networks and streaming services. In addition, he counsels domestic and international television companies, executive producers and rights holders in non-scripted/reality and scripted programming deals. With a background in the music business, including as former managing director of a music management firm, Scott has a diverse practice that also addresses issues at the intersection of music and audiovisual content.
So many attorneys turn out to be deal-breakers, but Scott is 100% deal-maker. Chambers USA (client commentary)
Known for his multipronged, business-centric approach, Scott has built a reputation around bringing together the right legal specialists and partners to help bring entertainment projects to life. He has been recognized as a leading entertainment lawyer by Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America, and he serves as a board member of the USC Gould School of Law – Beverly Hills Bar Association Institute on Entertainment Law and Business.
Outside the office, Scott’s passions include his family and a love of skiing and cycling. He and his family are supporters of the JDRF Ride to Cure Type One Diabetes and participate each year.
- 美国南加州大学法学院, 法学博士
- Bucknell University, International Relations, 文学学士
- Institute of European Studies, Paris, France
- Named among top entertainment attorneys in Variety's "Legal Impact Report" (2019)
- Named "Top Dealmaker" in Variety's Dealmakers Impact Report (2018)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media & Entertainment, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2018-2020)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2015-2020)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2015-2020)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in California Media & Entertainment (2009-2014 editions)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member, Board of Directors, USC Gould School of Law - Beverly Hills Bar Association Institute on Entertainment Law and Business
- Member, Board of Directors, European Credit Luxembourg