Walter Curchack chaired Loeb's bankruptcy practice from 2005 through 2020. His practice covers the full spectrum of complex bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and corporate transactions, with a focus on representing creditors, including secured and unsecured bondholders, lenders, and indenture trustees in major Chapter 11 cases. He has also represented clients in the purchase and sale of distressed assets and businesses across a broad range of industries.
In addition to restructuring work, Walter has significant experience in finance, corporate trust, investment advisory and corporate governance matters.
Walter is an experienced mediator in both bankruptcy- and non-bankruptcy-related matters.
He is valued by his clients for his ability to build consensus and successfully resolve complex, often multiparty disputes, on their behalf.
A frequent speaker on restructuring and insolvency-related topics at the American Bankruptcy Institute and other forums, Walter is also a trusted media resource for top national business outlets like The Wall Street Journal.
- 哥伦比亚大学法学院, 法学博士,
Articles Editor, Columbia Human Rights Law Review
- 耶鲁大学, 文学学士, cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2013-2019)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Turnaround Management Association