Loeb & Loeb represents creditors’ committees, committee chairs and individual committee members in some of the most complex and significant Chapter 11 and restructuring cases across the country, implementing practical strategies and innovative solutions to help maximize recoveries.
We are skilled at facilitating intercreditor agreements among often-conflicting interests and constituencies, and litigating unresolved disputes where necessary. Our goal is to achieve the greatest recovery for the creditor body as a whole through the fastest and most efficient restructuring possible, and we have an excellent track record of achieving greater-than-anticipated results for our unsecured creditor clients.
Our experience spans diverse industries — financial services, real estate, entertainment, health care, technology, and consumer brands and retail, to name a few. We draw on the industry knowledge of Loeb lawyers who work daily in these sectors and many others, and capitalize on the legal acumen of veteran practitioners in areas including tax, banking, mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing, intellectual property, and capital markets to provide comprehensive counsel and representation to our creditor clients.
Among the official committees we have represented are:
- Creditors’ Committee of Gamma Medica-Ideas Inc. et al., a vertically integrated medical device (imaging) manufacturer with operations in three countries.
- Cyberrebate.com Creditors’ Committee, in which we successfully challenged the claims of the largest secured creditor, a credit card processor, resulting in recoveries to unsecured creditors that were not anticipated at the commencement of the case.
- Administrative Creditors’ Committee of Pan American World Airways, where we supervised the wind down of the airline from the time it stopped flying and was declared administratively insolvent through its final liquidation.
- Post-Effective Date Creditors’ Committee of Continental Airlines.
- SNA Nut Co. Creditors’ Committee, the world’s largest pecan processor and wholesaler at the time.
- Creditors’ Committee of Primedex Inc., a health services provider in a Chapter 11 prepackaged bankruptcy case, the shortest successful Chapter 11 case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California.
- New Century Creditors’ Committee, where we served as special tax counsel and successfully challenged various tax claims of several governmental entities and formulated an optimal tax structure under New Century’s plan of reorganization.
- Post-Confirmation Creditors’ Committee of Downey Regional Medical Center Inc.
- Creditors’ Committee of Harrow’s Stores Inc.
- Creditors’ Committee of Hooker Chemical Inc.