Chris Carbone has a diverse national litigation practice with an emphasis on complex commercial matters. A seasoned trial attorney, he has prosecuted and defended numerous high-stakes cases in both state and federal courts, as well as arbitration tribunals, throughout the United States. Chris’s clients range from entertainment and media companies to real estate developers, talent agencies, private equity firms, hedge funds, and other major financial institutions.
With particular experience with advertising and marketing matters, Chris has extensive experience litigating claims of false advertising, deceptive or misleading trade practices, as well as unfair competition, defamation, copyright, right of publicity and other intellectual property disputes. Chris’s business litigation experience is diverse and includes handling multi-million dollar disputes arising out of mergers, acquisitions, commercial real estate and asset sales, including cases involving financial misrepresentations, fraud and restrictive covenants.
Chris is committed to working with nonprofit entities in the arts community on a pro bono basis. His significant efforts in this area include representation of the New York City-based organization, Music Kitchen, which brings nationally-renowned musicians together to share the power of music with the city’s homeless. In addition to his work in the arts community, Chris has also been active in protecting the rights of children in foster care, where he was successful in representing a state-wide class of neglected foster children against the State of Mississippi in a case that brought sweeping reforms to the State's child welfare system.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, 法学博士, magna cum laude
- Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester, B.M., Recipient, Performer's Certificate
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Business Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2013-2022)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Business Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2011)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media, Technology and Telecoms: Marketing and Advertising (2010) and Media and Entertainment: Litigation (2022), published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard
Member and Regular Performer, Westchester Symphonic Winds and the Lawyers’ Orchestra