Brittany Berckes maintains a transactional practice encompassing virtually all areas of entertainment law, including film, television, theater, book publishing, music and digital media law. Brittany is experienced in negotiating a wide range of deals on behalf of talent and companies, including licensing, sponsorship, distribution and services agreements.
Brittany regularly handles employment agreements for entertainment industry executives, and represents fiction and non-fiction authors involved in publishing, films, documentaries and television agreements. She serves as production counsel for theatrical films and scripted and non-scripted television productions, and represents live stage theater producers in connection with the acquisition of underlying rights, and the financing and production of Broadway and Off-Broadway musicals and dramatic plays. In addition to her entertainment practice, Brittany also has experience with corporate, securities and financing law issues.
While in law school, Brittany worked with Creative Rights, a nonprofit organization that provides legal services to artists, arts organizations and entrepreneurs in the Detroit area. Prior to attending law school, she interned with production teams at media companies that include MSNBC, FOX News and the Columbia Journalism Review.
- University of Michigan Law School, 法学博士
- Amherst College, 文学学士
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media & Entertainment, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2022)
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Entertainment & Sports Law (2023)
- 92Y – Women in Power Fellow (2018)
- Legal Fellow, Media Law Resource Center (MLRC) (March-September 2015)
- Fall Extern, Legal Department, Jazz at Lincoln Center (Fall 2014)
- Amherst College John Woodruff Simpson Fellowship (2012-2013)
- Vice President of Alumni Council, Montclair Kimberley Academy (2014-Present)
- Member, Entertainment Law Committee, New York City Bar Association (2014-2017)
- Windows on the World Wine Certification Program (2011)