Ava Badiee maintains a broad entertainment practice. Ava represents and advises clients in guild and union matters and all phases of motion picture and television production, including development, production and distribution.
Ava ensures that clients are in compliance with the SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, AFM, IATSE and Teamsters agreements and has experience representing companies in collective bargaining negotiations. Ava conducts harassment and discrimination workplace investigations, provides harassment and discrimination training to entertainment and sports industry companies, and drafts employment policies.
She works with a wide range of clients, including, but not limited to, production companies, distribution companies, advertising companies, film finance companies, public broadcasting companies, music publishing companies, sports industry companies, television networks, live event organizers and artists.
In addition, Ava has experience representing clients in complex entertainment and IP litigation matters.
As a member of Loeb & Loeb’s Pro Bono committee, Ava is passionate about addressing the issue of unequal access to the legal system through her pro bono service. Ava is active in legal organizations in the Los Angeles community. She is the co-chair of the Bet Tzedek New Leadership Council’s Executive Committee and Public Counsel’s Leadership Committee.
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, 法学博士, Senior Research Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
Recipient, Faculty Award in Federal Income Taxation and Private Equity
Recipient, Deans Award in Corporate Finance
- 美国加州大学柏克莱分校, 文学学士, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Named a "Rising Star" in Entertainment/Sports by Southern California Super Lawyers, an affiliate of Thomson Reuters (2023)
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Entertainment & Sports Law (2023)
- Selected as a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder (2023)