Akiba Stern has advised clients for 30 years in all aspects of business law, both as in-house counsel and at law firms. Akiba concentrates his practice on outsourcing, technology-enabled business transactions, e-commerce, technology transfers, licensing, intellectual property and joint ventures. He also specializes in transactions involving the commercialization of intellectual property.
Akiba Stern maintains his longstanding position at the forefront of the New York outsourcing market. His diverse client roster features leading financial institutions, retailers, hospitality companies and educational bodies. His expertise encapsulates ITO as well as SaaS and BPaaS service models. Chambers USA
Akiba helps his clients with outsourcing transactions and strategic alliances, as well as with structuring, negotiating and implementing commercial strategies, alliance structures, pricing models, governance arrangements, change management protocols, contract administration and supplier compliance strategies.
While Akiba's outsourcing experience is across all business processes (including ITO, AD&M, F&A, HRO, KPO, logistics and facilities management) and many business verticals (including pharmaceutical, entertainment, manufacturing and packaged goods), the majority of his work is for financial services companies, including investment banks, hedge funds, commercial banks, insurance companies and specialty financiers. Akiba has developed a significant background in asset management middle and back office outsourcings.
Examples of other significant transactions that Akiba has completed include a strategic alliance between a major investment bank and a credit card issuer, a global strategic technology alliance between a multinational bank and one of the leading Internet portals, and a license agreement permitting the application of one of the world's best known trademarks to consumer electronics.
Akiba has lectured widely and has published many articles regarding outsourcing, computer and Internet law, and intellectual property.
- 波士顿大学, 工商管理硕士
- 波士顿大学法学院, 法学博士
- Yeshiva University, 文学学士
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Technology Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2018-2020)
- Named in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame in Outsourcing, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2017-2019)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in National Outsourcing (2003-2019 editions)
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in New York Technology & IT Outsourcing (2003-2019 editions)
- Named in Chambers Global, The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, in United States of America Outsourcing (2003-2014, 2017 editions)
- Named "Recommended for Outsourcing" in PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2008-2010 editions)
- Named "HRO Superstar", HRO Today (2006–2009)
- Named "Superstar: FAO Advisors", FAO Today (2007-2008)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Information Technology/Outsourcing, Business/Corporate and Intellectual Property by Thomson Reuters (2006-2018)
- Named as a "Leading Lawyer" in The Legal 500 US in Outsourcing, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2008-2018 editions)
- Formerly Board of Directors, Human Resources Outsourcing Association