John Monterubio advises agencies and brands on all types of transactions and aspects of advertising, marketing and media legal matters. Clients consistently turn to him for counsel on negotiating a variety of agreements ranging from master services and technology agreements to talent, sponsorship and influencer agreements.
On the advisory front, John regularly counsels clients on issues relating to the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract, endorsements, influencers, social media and user-generated content, advertising claims and substantiation, and data privacy.
Outside of the advertising space, John drafts and negotiates IT outsourcing, joint venture, technology, cloud, and software and data licensing agreements. His experience in, and knowledge of, corporate law gives him insight to address and handle corporate issues within these complex transactions.
Through John’s wide and well-rounded practice, he has worked with companies across a variety of industries, ranging from advertising, public relations and communications, media, publishing, research and data, technology, social media, health care, insurance, finance, real estate, and retail and consumer packaged goods.
SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract “101”
New Developments in Influencer Marketing and the FTC Endorsement Guides
- American University Washington College of Law, 法学博士, cum laude
- American University Washington College of Law, 工商管理硕士, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- University of Southern California, 文学学士
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list in Corporate Law (2023)
- Recipient, Community Service Award, ACLU of Southern California (2021)