Leah Bishop focuses her practice on tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses and in the administration of estates and trusts. Her areas of focus cover a wide range of industries, including real estate, manufacturing, entertainment and professional services. Passionate about philanthropy, Leah also has extensive experience in the areas of charitable giving and tax-exempt organizations.
Leah’s estate planning experience includes all matters pertaining to high net worth individuals, including probate court procedures, revocable and irrevocable trusts, and sophisticated transfer tax techniques. She also represents many leading private foundations and public charities. Her work on behalf of these organizations involves all aspects of tax and corporate nonprofit law. She also represents donors in complex charitable gift agreements. Clients appreciate her practical and hands-on approach to matters.
Leah cares about everything more than anyone else cares about anything. Alyse Pelavin, managing partner, Los Angeles office; Deputy Chair, Trusts & Estates at Loeb & Loeb
Leah is an active volunteer for the Jewish Community Foundation, serving as the chair of the foundation’s Professional Advisors Speakers Series. She also serves on the advisory board of the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law.
She has lectured extensively on estate planning, exempt organizations and effective philanthropy at the Western Conference on Tax Exempt Organizations, the CPA Foundation, YPO, the Blue Ribbon Finance Forum, Harvard-Westlake School, Occidental College, UCLA, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Motion Picture and Television Fund, Cedars Sinai, the California Community Foundation, and the Jewish Community Foundation, among others.
Outside of her practice, Leah enjoys travel, food and wine, and spending time with her family.
- 哥伦比亚大学法学院, 法学博士,
Columbia Law Review
- Brandeis University, 文学学士, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Named among "Most Influential People in Los Angeles," Los Angeles Business Journal LA 500 (2018)
- Named "Los Angeles Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers (2018)
- Received highest ranking in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law and Nationwide Private Wealth: Western Region (2017-2019)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named a "Leading Trusts and Estates Practitioner" in the Best of the Best Expert Guide to the World's Leading Trusts and Estates Practitioners, published by Legal Media Group (2009-2011)
- Named a "Leading Practitioner" in the Best of the Best Expert Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, published by Legal Media Group (2012)
- Named one of "California’s Top 100 Lawyers," Los Angeles Daily Journal (2010)
- Named one of "L.A.'s Top 100 Lawyers" in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Who’s Who in LA Law” (2007 and 2009)
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Lifetime Member, National Who's Who registry
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates and Non-Profit/Charities Law, The Best Lawyers in America (1995-2020) and recognized among "Women of Influence" by Best Lawyers Lawyers (2015-2017), published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Named "Los Angeles Non-Profit/Charities Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers (2011, 2016)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax: West Coast, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2012-2013, 2017-2019)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Finance: Not-for-profit, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2012-2013, 2017-2019)
- Recommended in the Citywealth "Leaders List" by Jones Publishing Limited (2012- 2017); named to "Power of Women" list (2015-2017)
- Named in Chambers USA in National Wealth Management: Western Region (2010-2018)
- Named "Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year" by the Century City Bar Association (2010)
- Named in Chambers USA in California Tax: Estate Planning (2008-2017)
- Named one of "The 100 Top Attorneys" in Trusts and Estates; Tax; Nonprofits, Worth magazine (2006 and 2007 editions)
- Named one of the "Leading Lawyers in America," Lawdragon 3000 Leading Lawyers Guide (2006)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate, Tax and Non-Profit by Thomson Reuters (2004-2019); Listed in the Top 10 Southern California Super Lawyers (2010-2012), Top 50 Women Southern California Super Lawyers (2004-2014, 2019) and the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers (2004-2014)
- Nominee, the Los Angeles Business Journal "Women Who Make A Difference Award" (2002)
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Co-chair, Harvard-Westlake Upper School Annual Giving Campaign (2002-2006)
- Faculty Member, Jewish Community Foundation Charitable Giving Course
- Faculty Member, UCLA Extension Wealth Management Course
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) Exempt Organizations Committee
- Member, Professional Advisory Council, Motion Picture and Television Fund
- Member, Advisory Council for the Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law