Jorge Arciniega focuses his practice on complex trademark and copyright matters, including the creation, clearance, registration and enforcement of global intellectual property portfolios, and the commercial exploitation of intellectual property rights. He also counsels clients on advertising, marketing and promotions matters, internet commerce, right of publicity, and privacy and defamation issues.
Jorge has drafted and negotiated hundreds of license, distribution, joint venture, co-branding, sponsorship and celebrity endorsement agreements for clients from a wide range of industries, including apparel, computers, cosmetics, toy, video game, music, motion picture, television, food and beverage, hospitality, health care, medical instruments, financial services and sporting goods.
With more than 30 years of experience guiding clients in global trademark portfolio management, Jorge has personally participated in enforcement actions in numerous countries, including China, Turkey, Colombia, Guatemala and Germany.
Jorge is featured in the book Beyond L.A. Law, Inspiring Stories of People Who’ve Done Fascinating Things With A Law Degree. He is an accomplished professional musician who has performed in concert or on record with Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Mariah Carey, Tito Puente, Dionne Warwick and many others.
- 加州大学洛杉矶分校, 文学学士
- Harvard Law School
- Named an “IP Star” by Managing Intellectual Property magazine (2013-2021)
- Recognized by World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (2013-2021), including being identified as one of the top six “prosecution and strategy” trademark lawyers in the state of California in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Recognized by World Trademark Review Global Leaders (2020)
- Named in The Legal 500 U.S. (2011-2019)
- Named among the Daily Journal’s Top Intellectual Property Lawyers in California (2016)
- Named among the Daily Journal’s Top 25 California Portfolio Managers and Prosecutors (2012, 2014, 2015)