John Um has broad experience in all aspects of advertising and marketing law in both traditional and new media. He advises clients on compliance with a wide range of laws including CAN-SPAM, COPPA, Child Protection Registries, the Telemarketing Sales Rule (and “Do Not Call” compliance), Section 5 of the FTC Act and similar state laws, and industry-specific guidelines, such as those of the Mobile Marketing Association.
John also provides counsel on legal issues associated with consumer privacy, search engine marketing, affiliate networks, data collection and sharing, list management, advertising-supported content, behavioral targeting, intellectual property/brand protection, user generated content, sweepstakes and promotions, and regulatory investigations and inquiries.
- Albany Law School, 法学博士
- State University of New York at Binghamton, History, 文学学士, with Honors
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Admitted Only in New York
- Certified Information Privacy Professional by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York