Daniel Frohling is a leading legal strategist on marketing and corporate communications mechanisms and content. He combines over 25 years of counseling, transactional and litigation experience with a passion for forging creative, strategic solutions that achieve the enterprise’s on-the-street and online goals within its risk profile. Daniel works with clients in a variety of industries, including retail and consumer brands, real estate, and industrial manufacturing, both domestically and internationally.
Daniel works closely with CMOs and other organizational and business stakeholders, GCs and IP counsel. He facilitates initial and evolving strategic and tactical planning, and helps identify and assemble needed talent. Daniel also advocates for his clients, whether in negotiations, with regulatory agencies or in litigation.
I take a highly personal approach to my practice and work shoulder to shoulder with my clients to analyze and solve their legal issues. It’s rewarding to know that my clients feel they have a go-to person who has their best interests in mind.
As a trusted strategic advisor and advocate, he fosters, supports and defends all aspects of clients’ marketing and communications efforts, including brand clearance, exploitation and policing; advertising disputes; marketing co-ventures; e-commerce ventures and disputes; corporate responsibility initiatives; ad agency agreements, disputes and terminations; talent deals and terminations; and the protection and exploitation of media content. He also advises clients on issues that extend past the legal landscape and provides services tailored to their specific needs and priorities.
Daniel has been regularly recognized as a “Best Lawyer” in trademark law by The Best Lawyers in America. Outside of the office, he sings in a church vocal group, enjoys gardening and is the scoutmaster of a local Boy Scout troop.
- University of Michigan Law School, 法学博士, cum laude
- 密歇根大学工商管理学士学位, 文学学士
- Named "Illinois Super Lawyer" in Intellectual Property and General Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2014-2016, 2018-2020)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Media, Technology and Telecoms: Marketing and Advertising, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named among “Top Lawyers in Illinois” in Intellectual Property Law and Advertising & Media Law by the Leading Lawyers Network (2004-2018)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trademark Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2014-2020)
Member, Chicago Bar Association
Member, American Bar Association
Member (former chair and member, multiple committees), International Trademark Association