Tal Dickstein is an intellectual property litigator focused on helping clients in the music, motion picture and advanced media sectors navigate complex legal and business issues in a changing industry landscape. He represents music publishers, record labels, artists and songwriters in copyright infringement and royalty disputes, defends major media companies in trademark infringement actions, and advises motion picture studios and film producers on copyright issues.
Working with both institutional and talent clients, Tal protects the rights of content creators and owners to maximize the value of their creative expression. He assists clients in effectively monetizing their content in the digital marketplace and helps clients safeguard their content from unauthorized uses.
As someone who loves music but can’t sing a lick, defending the rights of artists, songwriters and publishers is my way of supporting the creative process.
In addition to his intellectual property practice, Tal has experience in complex commercial and real estate litigation. He has handled all phases of litigation, including discovery, trials and appeals, in both federal and state courts as well as AAA arbitrations. His clients appreciate his rigorous advocacy and pragmatic approach, including guidance on how to avoid disputes when possible.
Tal is an editor of Loeb & Loeb’s IP/Entertainment Law Weekly Case Update for Content Creators, Owners and Distributors. He has been recognized by Law360 and Variety for his impact on the entertainment industry. In his free time, he enjoys cycling, listening to music and podcasts, and spending time with his family.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, General Litigation, 法学博士, magna cum laudeCardozo Law ReviewOrder of the Coif
- Binghamton University, Philosophy, Politics and Law, 文学学士, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Intellectual Property Litigation and Business Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2016-2019)
- Named to "Up Next" list of emerging leaders in entertainment law in Variety's "Legal Impact Report" (2016)
- Named "Rising Star" in Media and Entertainment by Law360 (2016 edition)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation and Business Litigation by Thomson Reuters (2012-2015)
- Editor, Loeb & Loeb’s IP/Entertainment Law Weekly Case Update for Motion Picture Studios and Television Networks
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Committee of the Federal Bar Council
- Member, Copyright Society of the U.S.A.