Christopher Barbaruolo chairs the firm’s Real Estate Investments & Transactions department. He has developed a reputation as a highly skilled attorney with a practical approach to deal making. Christopher counsels developers, owners and investors in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, disposition, development and management of office, multifamily, retail and mixed-use properties; affordable housing development transactions; commercial mortgage, mezzanine and construction financing; acquisition of distressed debt; and joint ventures and restructurings.
Further, Christopher has extensive knowledge and expertise in ground lease transactions, having represented many clients in the creation of ground leases, as well as the acquisition and disposition of existing leasehold interests.
Christopher’s practice also includes representing institutional lenders in an array of loan transactions, including the origination of portfolio, CMBS, bridge and mezzanine loans. In addition, Christopher represents both landlords and tenants in all areas of commercial leasing and retail leasing transactions.
- 赫福斯特拉大学法学院, 法学博士, Notes and Comments Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- Lehigh University, 文学学士
- Named among The National Law Journal's "Real Estate and Construction Law Trailblazers" (2021)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Real Estate, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2021)
- Named among “Rising Stars of Real Estate” by Real Estate Weekly (2019)
- Named "New York Metro Super Lawyer" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2017-2022)
- Named "New York Metro Rising Star" in Real Estate by Thomson Reuters (2014-2016)