Terrence Allen is an experienced transactional attorney, focusing his practice on mergers, acquisitions and other complex transactions. He has been representing private equity funds, public and private companies and leading entrepreneurs in their most important and sophisticated transactions for more than twenty-five years.
Terry’s experience extends to public and private mergers, asset acquisitions and dispositions (including “carveout” transactions, joint ventures and venture capital investments). He advises on initial and secondary equity offerings, debt financings, corporate reorganizations and leveraged recapitalizations. Terry also counsels clients on corporate governance and disclosure matters.
Viewed as a thought leader in his field, Terry has conducted extensive market research relating to private merger and acquisition transactions, including conceiving and leading the development of one of the earliest and most comprehensive “deal points” studies to achieve circulation in the marketplace. More recently, Terry devised and spearheaded an exhaustive and groundbreaking study of indemnity claims in private M&A transactions. Drawing from this extensive research, he is a frequent lecturer on indemnification and related private M&A practice topics.
Select examples of Terry’s experience include:
- Represented a major publicly-held pharmaceutical company in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisition of a publicly-held pharmaceutical company and a privately-held science-based skincare product manufacturer.
- Represented a publicly-held medical device maker in its acquisition by a health care affiliate of a Fortune-500 company.
- Advised a privately-held investment firm in its sale of a file share and synchronization service to a software solutions company.
- Counseled a publicly-held semiconductor manufacturing company in connection with various acquisitions.
- Represented a major regional food supplier in its sale to a Fortune 500 food corporation.
- Advised a major meat processing company in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Counseled a health care financing company in its sale to an affiliate of a financial services company.
- Advised a shipping logistics company in its sale to a major office products consolidator.
- Guided one of the nation’s largest privately-held construction materials companies in its sale to an affiliate of an Asia-based manufacturing conglomerate. Represented a consortium of private investors in their agreement to acquire a major league sports team.
- Represented a Fortune 500 company in its acquisition of a privately-held respiratory medical device company.
- Represented an iconic consumer electronics company in its sale to a publicly-held corporation.
- Represented a consumer digital media company in its acquisition of one of the forerunners in the online music industry.
- Represented a privately-held digital media company in its acquisition of a company that was formerly one of the largest social networking sites in the world.
- Represented a private equity firm in its sale of an iconic portable cooler product.
- 美国南加州大学法学院, 法学博士
- University of Southern California, Business Administration, 学士
- University of Southern California, Journalism, 文学学士
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Mergers & Acquisitions Law by The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (2021 and 2022)