Scott Wilcox maintains a diverse entertainment and media practice, with experience advising clients on the licensing, acquisition, disposition, financing and exploitation of entertainment properties, including for live stage productions, film, television and new media. His clients include producers, general managers, studios, streaming services, investors, playwrights, bookwriters, composers, lyricists, screenwriters, directors, designers, podcasters, music publishers, musical artists, authors, performers and rights holders.
Scott’s live stage practice leverages significant relationships and experience gained while a producer and general manager earlier in his career. In particular, he advises theatrical producers and general managers on a range of issues, including the development and financing of new theatrical works; the day-to-day production, management and marketing of Broadway, off-Broadway, touring, regional, West End and other overseas live stage productions; and the licensing of live stage rights in global markets.
In addition, Scott advises U.S. nonprofit theaters on a diverse array of production and governance matters. For example, he works with leaders of nonprofit theatres to address a variety of production issues arising from live and digital performances and to manage risk and conflicts of interest.
Outside of his theater practice, Scott works closely with independent and documentary film, television and new media producers on development, production and financing matters.
Scott also advises clients, including in the entertainment and technology sectors, on compliance with U.S. and international data privacy and data security requirements.
Prior to joining Loeb, Scott was head of legal and business affairs for a leading live stage production and general management company, with productions on Broadway, on the West End and touring in the U.S. and internationally. Prior to attending law school, Scott was a general manager and a company manager for Broadway, off-Broadway and touring productions and the executive director of a nonprofit theatre.
- University of Michigan Law School, 法学博士, magna cum laude, Executive Editor, Michigan Law Review, President, Entertainment, Media, and Arts Law Students Association
- 哥伦比亚大学, Theatre Management and Producing, M.F.A.
- 密歇根大学工商管理学士学位, 文学学士, Online Editor, The Michigan Daily
- Recipient, Thurgood Marshall Award for Exceptional Pro Bono Service, Federal Bar Council (2016)
- Recipient, Pro Bono Achievement Awards, Sanctuary for Families (2011 and 2017)
- Recipient, Jeremy G. Epstein Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service, City Bar Justice Center (2013)
- Law Clerk, Honorable Richard M. Berman, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York (2009-2010)
- Affiliate Member, The Broadway League (2021–present)
- Member, The Off-Broadway League (2019–2022)
- Member, Advisory Committee, American Bar Association Forum on the Entertainment & Sports Industries (2020–present)
- Advisory Board Member, The SIE Society (alliance for social impact entertainment) (2020–present)
- Member, Media Law Resource Center, Entertainment Law and Data Privacy Committees (2020–present)
- Member, The Authors Guild (2020–present)
- Member, Legal Advisory Council, Sanctuary for Families (2017–present)
- Member, New York City Bar Association Pro Bono and Legal Services Committee (2015–2017)
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Wingspan Arts (2011–2016)