Stu Tobisman focuses his practice on estate and tax planning for individual clients and on the administration of estates and trusts. His clients include prominent individuals in industry, commerce and entertainment, as well as individuals, banks, and trust companies acting in fiduciary capacities. He also advises owners of closely held businesses in connection with estate and tax-planning matters.
Known for his technical abilities and personable approach, Stu enjoys helping his clients identify opportunities and implement strategies to provide financial security for their families and accomplish their philanthropic goals.
Great style; clear and articulate in explanations, with excellent people skills and business sense honed by many years of experience. He is the best. Chambers High Net Worth (client commentary)
Stu has lectured at the USC Institute on Federal Taxation, California Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), the UCLA/CEB Estate Planning Institute, and the Practising Law Institute program on estate and financial planning for owners of closely held businesses.
In addition to his legal practice, Stu serves as the director of a charitable foundation that works in the U.S. and abroad to address issues and challenges affecting underserved vulnerable people and their communities.
- 加州大学伯克利分校布尔特豪法学院, 法学博士, California Law Review (1967-1969) Order of the Coif
- 加州大学洛杉矶分校, A.B.,
Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- Received highest ranking in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Southern California, Private Wealth Law and Nationwide Private Wealth: Western Region (2017-2019)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Tax, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2008, 2010 and 2012 editions)
- Named in The Legal 500 US in Domestic Tax: West Coast, published by Legalease Limited and John Pritchard (2013 edition)
- Named "Who's Who in L.A. Law" by the Los Angeles Business Journal (2007)
- Received highest ranking in Chambers USA in California Tax: Estate Planning (2011-2016)
- Named in Chambers USA in National Wealth Management: Western Region (2011-2016)
- Named "Los Angeles Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers (2013)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates and Non-Profit/Charities Law, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (1989-2020)
- Named in Chambers USA in California Tax: Estate Planning (2007-2016)
- Named one of the "Leading Lawyers in America," Lawdragon 3000 Leading Lawyers Guide (2006)
- Named "Southern California Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate, Tax and Non-Profit by Thomson Reuters (2004-2020); Listed in the Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers (2005)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Lifetime Member, National Who's Who registry