Myron Sugarman concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, deferred compensation, taxation of nonprofit and charitable institutions, and family and personal tax planning. His experience extends to all areas of federal and local taxation.
Prior to entering private practice, Myron served in the Office of The Judge Advocate General, U.S. Army at the Pentagon.
A former president of the San Francisco Tax Club, he is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the San Francisco Estate Planning Council and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. He is consistently recognized in Chambers High Net Worth and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the tax, trusts and estates, and nonprofit charities law categories for the past 30 years.
In addition to his professional activities, Myron is active at his alma mater as an emeritus trustee of the UC Berkeley Foundation and a member of the Order of the Golden Bear and The Big C Society.
- 加州大学伯克利分校布尔特豪法学院, 法学博士, Order of the Coif
- 美国加州大学柏克莱分校, 学士, Beta Gamma Sigma, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Tax Court
- Received highest ranking in Chambers High Net Worth Guide in Private Wealth: Northern California and Nationwide Private Wealth: Western Region (2016-2019)
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Nonprofit / Charities Law, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates, The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc. (1987-2020)
- Named "Northern California Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate by Thomson Reuters (2004-2018)
- Member, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
- Member, San Francisco Estate Planning Council
- Emeritus Trustee, UC Berkeley Foundation
- Member, the Order of the Golden Bear
- Member, The Big C Society