Mary Ann Mancini's practice focuses on advising high net worth families and individuals who reside in the United States and internationally. Her clients include leaders of Fortune 100 companies and their families, as well as families whose wealth is more privately held and, in many cases, based on real estate ownership.
Mary Ann counsels her clients on all matters that affect their estates, including the structuring and formation of entities, the creation of irrevocable “dynasty” trusts, tax planning for families and the entities they own, and the protection and preservation of their assets.
Mary Ann is also experienced in succession and estate planning for closely-held business owners. She is a nationally recognized expert in techniques that utilize life insurance in estate and business plans, such as insurance trusts, split dollar and deferred compensation arrangements, and life settlements. Mary Ann represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in trust and estate matters before the Internal Revenue Service and in administration and litigation matters, and works with many private trust companies, family offices, and national and international bank trust departments.
- 佐治亚城大学, 法学硕士
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 法学博士
- Washington College, 文学学士
- Named “Top Lawyer” in Trusts and Estates, The Washingtonian (2011-2013)
- Highest "AV Preeminent (5 out of 5)" Professional Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named "Best Lawyer" in Trusts and Estates Law, The Best Lawyers in America (2006-2018) and recognized among "Women of Influence" by Best Lawyers (2015-2019), published by Woodward White, Inc.
- Named in Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, in National Wealth Management (2013-2016, 2018)
- Named "Washington, DC Super Lawyer" in Estate Planning & Probate, Tax, and Business/Corporate by Thomson Reuters (2007-2018); Listed among the Top 50 Women "Washington, DC Super Lawyers" (2013-2014)
- Named “Top Lawyer” in Trusts and Estates, The Washingtonian (2011-2012)
- Recognized as one of Washington’s "Legal Elite" by Washington SmartCEO magazine
- Named "Outstanding Practitioner" in Trusts and Estates law, Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, 2nd Edition
- Named in "Big Guns: Washington’s Top 800 Lawyers," Washingtonian.com
- The Washingtonian magazine – Top estate and trust attorneys
- Millhiser Professor of Practice, Washington & Lee University School of Law (2018)
- Member, American Bar Association; Tax Section, Council Director, Tax Section Council, Past Chair, Fiduciary Income Tax Committee of the Taxation Section
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel; Past Chair, Fiduciary Income Tax Committee; Member, Board of Regents
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association; Past Member, Steering Committee of the Estates, Trusts and Probate Section; Past Chair, Estate Planning Committee of the Taxation Section
- Member, Washington, DC Estate Planning Council
- Member, International Women’s Forum, Washington, D.C. Chapter
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- Adjunct Professor, Washington & Lee University School of Law (2004-2006)