Thomas L’Helias is a corporate lawyer concentrating his practice on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, private equity and corporate governance. Thomas represents clients in numerous industries and sectors, including manufacturing, financial services, private equity, energy, healthcare, infrastructure, engineering services and building supplies.
Thomas’ extensive transactional experience spans over 25 years and includes domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, as well as securities offerings of both debt and equity. He advises businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to many of the largest and most respected multi-national companies, foreign private issuers, financial institutions and funds.
Thomas also represents company boards and management teams on day-to-day and high-stakes matters, including material transactions, internal investigations and complex litigation. He is regularly called upon to manage bet-the-company matters that involve advisors throughout multiple countries and is equally comfortable advising clients in smaller, but no less strategically important matters.
Outside of his legal practice, Thomas is a regular speaker at industry conferences and continuing legal education (CLE) courses.
Prior to attending law school and beginning his legal career, Thomas worked as an investment banker in New York.
Select examples of Thomas’ prior firm experience include:
- Representation of a private equity fund in connection with multiple acquisitions in various industries, including manufacturing, security services and media services.
- Representation of a global investment bank in connection with a series of principal investments in real estate development.
- Representation of global investment banks in connection with numerous underwriter-side engagements in multiple industries.
- Representation of a multinational medical device company in connection with its $4.5 billion acquisition of a competitor.
- Representation of a global foreign-based infrastructure conglomerate in its North American acquisition strategy.
- Representation of a global energy and industrial conglomerate in connection with acquisitions and dispositions, including the multibillion-dollar acquisition of a competitor.
- Representation of a global infrastructure fund in its U.S.-based acquisitions.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed company in the building supplies sector in a series of acquisitions and securities offerings in the United States.
- Representation of one of the largest health insurance companies in connection with various significant acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Representation of a global security company in connection with its acquisition of one of its main competitors and the spin-off of its private corrections unit.
- 波士顿大学法学院, 法学博士
- 宾夕法尼亚大学, 学士