Brian Helweil is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Investments & Transactions department. Brian advises and represents purchasers, sellers and borrowers in a broad range of real estate transactions involving acquisitions, dispositions, financings and the negotiation of loan documents, including mortgages, notes, guarantees and other ancillary and corporate loan documents. In addition, Brian has extensive experience in commercial and retail leasing, including drafting and negotiating requests for proposals, office leases, ground leases, retail leases and subleases on behalf of multinational landlords and tenants.
Prior to joining Loeb & Loeb, Brian was with an international law firm.
Select examples of Brian’s prior firm experience include:
- Represented one of the world’s largest alternative investment management companies in connection with its $930 million disposition of a residential/retail condominium unit in downtown New York City.
- Represented a New York City real estate developer in connection with its 143,000-square-foot lease to an American multinational telecommunications conglomerate.
- Represented an American multinational investment bank and financial services company in its approximately 195,000-square-foot lease expansion. In addition, represented the company separately in its sale-leaseback of the office space in a commercial condominium unit in midtown New York City.
- Represented a real estate fund in connection with various leases, including its approximately 350,000-square-foot lease to one of the country's largest healthcare companies, for their new headquarters.
- Represented a global private equity firm as tenant, in its approximately 200,000-square-foot lease as its global headquarters.
- Represented a North American property management company in connection with a net lease of the entire office portion of a New York building to an American multinational investment bank and financial services holding company (and in conjunction therewith represented the company leasing 3 full office floors and retail space in New York).
- Represented a New York City-based real estate investment manager in connection with amending and restating a 1,000,000+ rentable square foot lease in Long Island City, New York for an American multinational bank.
- Represented an American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate in connection the company’s 1,000,000+ rentable square foot headquarters lease in New York.
- Represented a real estate company in connection with the leasing of 200,000+ rentable square feet to a fashion brand for their headquarters lease.
- Represented a reputed family office backed real estate private equity firm in connection with a ground lease of the land and building, included amending and defeasing their existing loans.
- Represented one of the largest private owners of residential and commercial office properties in New York City with a leasehold condominium conversion.
- Represented a private equity firm in connection with the leasing of one of the largest premium coffee outlets located in New York.
- Represented a New York City-based real estate investment manager in connection with the leasing of 70,000+ rentable square feet to an entertainment agency for the company’s headquarters lease.
- Represented an American multinational technology company in connection with a 275,000+ rentable square foot lease.
- Represented a multinational cosmetic company in connection with a 170,000+ rentable square foot headquarters lease.
- Represented a co-working space provider in connection with the assumption of a 600,000+ rentable square foot lease from a business and employment social media platform located in San Francisco, California.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with the $880,000,000 sale of a New York property.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with over $500,000,000 worth of acquisitions of mixed use properties across the United States.
- Represented a real estate development and management company in connection with a $365,000,000 mortgage and mezzanine refinancing.
- Represented a real estate operator and investment manager in connection with a $150,000,000 sale of a mixed-use building in New York City.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, 法学博士
- 纽约大学, 文学学士, Honors, Dean’s List
- New Jersey