Have you heard how Loeb is moving the needle? Loeb’s lawyers are always advising on the latest trends, issues, and legislation to help our clients and communities succeed. Here are some highlights and firm news from the past few months!
- Gray Davis, former California Governor and of counsel at Loeb, has received the University of California’s highest honor, the UC Presidential Medal. The Governor was presented the medal during a dinner ceremony hosted by UC on September 20. In awarding the medal, President Drake said, “Gov. Davis held fast to a vision for expanding access and enhancing new knowledge creation—and that has proven to be a sound investment for the state of California.” Others honored Governor Davis for his legacy. Click here to read more.
- In honor of the American Bar Association’s 2023 National Celebration of Pro Bono, held annually during the last week of October, Loeb held two legal clinics focused on offering essential legal assistance to refugees and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We partnered with Paramount Global on October 24 to host an adjustment of status clinic for Ukrainian and Salvadorian refugees, and on October 25, we partnered with TransUnion to provide an in-person advance health care directive clinic for the LGBTQ+ community. Click here to read more about the events.
- On October 12, Loeb hosted its 14th annual IP/Entertainment Law CLE Conference in Los Angeles. This conference caters specifically to legal professionals and in-house counsel working in the entertainment industry, and we hosted more than 400 in-house lawyers from motion picture studios, television networks, music labels, sports agencies, podcast production studios and other media and entertainment enterprises congregated to engage in a comprehensive day of CLE panels. David Grossman, co-chair of our Litigation group, served as the Master of Ceremonies for this year’s event, which has been a flagship event since its inception in 2008. Click here to read more.
- We are proud to announce that the firm has once again been awarded the latest level of certification by Diversity Lab, Mansfield 6.0, reflecting its commitment to advancing historically underrepresented lawyers to positions of leadership in the profession. The firm is currently participating in its Mansfield 7.0 certification round, ending in July 2024. Diversity Lab is a renowned incubator for innovative ideas and solutions that boost diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) across the practice of law. Click here to read more.
- We recently profiled Tal Dickstein, a partner in our Litigation group, on how AI is impacting the entertainment industry. AI raises several copyright challenges for artists, songwriters and businesses through their training systems and ability to create works that mimic protected works. Tal discusses the transformative shift in the industry, and the emerging issues he has noticed. Click here to read more.