Loeb & Loeb LLP is proud to announce that partner, Barry Slotnick will be speaking on PLI's upcoming seminar, "Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2016."
From the event website:
Why you should attend:
Companies continue turning to licensing because it offers valuable economic and strategic opportunities. Licensing can be used to gain access to intellectual property at a lower cost than developing or purchasing intellectual property assets, and as a way of generating new sources of revenue out of existing intellectual property assets. Virtually every business today must confront licensing issues and, therefore, a solid base of knowledge about licensing has never been more important for companies and their counsel. This introductory course will give you an overview of how to negotiate and draft effective license agreements, whether you are the licensor or licensee. Experts in licensing will discuss different kinds of licensing agreements, and the business and legal issues related to them.
What You Will Learn
- Fundamentals of a copyright license
- Important differences between patent and other technology licenses
- Key provisions and practical considerations in trademark licensing
- Understanding software and open source licenses
- Rights of publicity and entertainment licensing
- Protection and enforcement of rights internationally
- Addressing antitrust issues
- Treatment of IP licenses under bankruptcy law
- How licensing can generate new revenue
- Hear from a litigator what happens when the agreement has to be enforced
- Drafting tips and effective negotiating techniques