Loeb & Loeb LLP is proud to announce the ACI 4th National Advanced Forum on Financial Services Marketing Compliance, where Loeb partner James Taylor will serve as conference co-chair and as a speaker on a panel titled: The Effects of Social Media Marketing & Cross-Industry Marketing on the Financial Services Industry.
From the ACI website:
Legal, compliance and marketing executives from leading financial institutions, as well as the top law firms and the FTC and FDIC, will help you achieve your company’s or client’s business objectives while minimizing the risks of overstepping regulatory bounds.
As always, marketing financial products and services have to be carefully deliberated and executed. However, with fraud claims on the rise and the aftermath of the sub-prime mortgage market and subsequent credit crisis, the financial services marketing landscape is evolving like never before. Plus, the industry’s compliance function is facing an influx of change, with new regulations in store for 2010 and beyond, aggressive government investigations/enforcement actions, an increasing number of audits, more stringent disclosure requirements, and changes at the Department of Justice and FTC as just some of the challenges.
Like never before, those charged with compliance in marketing financial products and services must understand how to comply with the new regime and take extra care in order to avoid the high reputational and financial costs of non-compliance.
The answer is ACI’s 4th National Advanced Forum on Financial Services Marketing Compliance, through a faculty of the top law firms, the FTC, FRB, FDIC, and in-house professionals from GE Capital, Mastercard, Key Bank, Wells Fargo, TD Ameritrade and many others, will provide you with the most up-to-date information and clarifications on complex compliance issues and help you stay one step ahead of the curve and avoid potential penalties. Topics include:
- How is the current credit crisis shaping the compliance industry
- Understanding how the Credit CARD Act is changing the compliance industry
- Complying with information sharing and privacy restrictions
- Addressing new state and federal regulations and developments
- Successfully complying with Reg Z disclosure requirements
In a year of continued market volatility you cannot afford to miss this timely event. Network with your peers and get answers from those in the trenches.
DAY ONE – Wednesday, May 26, 2010
8:45 Co-Chairs’ Opening Remarks
DAY TWO – Thursday, May 27, 2010
9:00 Co-Chairs’ Recap and Remarks
11:00 The Effects of Social Media Marketing & Cross-Industry Marketing on the Financial Services Industry
James D. Taylor, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
- How new state and federal restrictions are impact cross-industry marketing
- Where is cross-industry marketing headed
- Tackling common privacy issues that arise in cross-industry marketing
- What information to share and what information to withhold
- The pros and cons of using cross-industry marketing
(he/him)Chair, Advanced Media and Technology; Co-Chair, Loeb & Loeb Diversity Committee