- Doug Masters, Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Nerissa McGinn, Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Jonathan Seiden, trademark counsel for Muhammed Ali and the estate of Elvis Presley
Copyright and trademark owners need to understand the limits on how others can use their brands and content, and to recognize when a use of content might be a fair use. This seminar will provide an overview of the fair use doctrine as it applies to trademarks and copyrights, with special emphasis on uses on the Internet and social media, and will cover:
- The fair use doctrine as codified in the Lanham Act and the Copyright Act
- Nominative fair use of a trademark
- Recent court analysis of trademark and copyright fair use
- Practice tips for protecting trademarks and copyrights on the Internet.