NEW YORK – Legal 500, a law firm referral guide, includes Loeb & Loeb LLP in their inaugural U.S. edition among its list of “top tier” mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practices at U.S.-based law firms. Legal 500 US 2007 Edition results were based on deals and interviews from 2006. The M&A list is included in Volume 1, the Corporate & Finance Edition.
The publication noted the following about Loeb & Loeb’s M&A Practice Group (excerpted):
- Although Loeb & Loeb is most readily identified with its strong media and entertainment practice, the firm has long had an 'impressive' mid-market transactional practice according to clients surveyed. The recent formation of an explicit mergers and acquisitions practice group is indicative of the firm's commitment to the area.
- 18 lawyers at the firm's Los Angeles office focus on M&A transactions in the media and related industries and 18 in New York M&A are serving clients in the financial services, internet, marketing communications and telecommunications industries.
- Loeb & Loeb advises public and private buyers and sellers, with a special concentration in the media, Internet and communications sectors. The firm was noted for advising Bertelsmann in the sale of BMG Music Publishing to Universal Music Group for approximately $2.09 billion (€1.63 billion).
- Chairing the 36-strong M&A practice group from New York is Andrew Ross, a 'tough negotiator' who 'thinks of every single option', according to clients. The team is praised for its 'incredible advice' and 'deep experience', whilst clients value the firm's lawyers for having 'a lot of common sense generally, not just in terms of legal advice.'
- Chair of the firm's music practice group John Frankenheimer, based in Los Angeles, is also mentioned for leading the sale of BMG Music Publishing to Universal Music Group.
About Loeb & Loeb LLP: Loeb & Loeb LLP is a multiservice national law firm with 250 attorneys and offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Nashville. The firm is recognized as a leading law firm in the areas of corporate and securities matters; litigation; entertainment and media law; finance; real estate; intellectual property; private equity; employment; advertising and promotions and tax and wealth services. Our clients include some of the world's largest financial institutions, major media and entertainment companies, advertising groups, real estate companies and Big Four accounting firms, as well as many high net worth individuals.