Bennett Fidlow is a full-service entertainment attorney handling a wide range of transactional legal matters for studios, networks, production companies, effects houses and film schools as well as individual producers, writers, actors and directors with regard to projects across all areas of the entertainment industry, including film, television, digital media, animation, video gaming and live theatre. His expertise includes development, financing, rights acquisition and complex clearance matters, international co-productions, high-profile talent deals, worldwide distribution, intellectual property licensing and protection, guild/union issues, and production legal work.
Bennett has provided business and legal counsel on hundreds of studio and independent projects and has been involved in numerous high-profile mergers and acquisitions of major entertainment companies. He also concentrates his practice on co-production and distribution transactions with regard to China-related projects.
Before becoming an attorney, Bennett spent several years working behind-the-scenes with theatre producing companies on & off Broadway. Prior to joining Loeb & Loeb LLP, Bennett practiced law at the talent firm of Bloom Dekom & Hergott and later worked in-house as a consultant for Republic Pictures and as head of Business & Legal Affairs for MGM Home Entertainment. He has worked on such films as “The Score” for Mandalay Pictures, “Memento” for Newmarket Films, and “Hustle & Flow” for John Singleton and handled China distribution deals for recent releases “Hacksaw Ridge” and “Jackie” among others.
- Hastings College of the Law, 法学博士
- 哥伦比亚大学, Theatre Management, M.F.A.
- Carnegie-Mellon University, Theatre Production, B.F.A.
- Named “Virginia Super Lawyer” in Entertainment & Sports by Thomson Reuters (2009 – 2017)
- Entertainment Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association (1988-Present)
- Executive Committee, IP, Internet & New Media Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association (2000-2003)
- Adjunct Professor of Entertainment Law, University of Richmond School of Law (2006-2015)